Infinite Banking is a concept that revolves around using a whole life insurance policy to create a cash value that can be used to finance personal expenses or investments. It is a strategy that enables individuals to have control over their finances and become their own banker. The basic principle of Infinite Banking is to use a policy loan against the cash value of the whole life insurance policy to fund various expenses. Here are some of the basic concepts and benefits of Infinite Banking:
- Whole life insurance: Whole life insurance is a type of life insurance that provides coverage for the entire life of the insured. It is designed to build cash value over time, which can be used to fund personal expenses or investments. The premiums paid for whole life insurance policies are higher than those of term life insurance policies, but the policyholders benefit from a fixed premium that does not increase with age.
- Cash value: Cash value is the amount of money that accumulates over time in a whole life insurance policy. It grows tax-free and can be accessed through policy loans or withdrawals. The cash value can also be used to pay premiums, effectively creating a self-sustaining policy.
- Policy loans: Policy loans are loans taken against the cash value of the whole life insurance policy. The policyholder can borrow up to the full amount of the cash value, and the loan is charged an interest rate, typically lower than market rates. The policy loan does not require credit checks, and there is no need to qualify for the loan. The policyholder can repay the loan at any time or let the loan accrue interest until maturity.
- Dividends: Dividends are the surplus profits earned by the insurance company from the investment of policyholders' premiums. Dividends can be used to increase the cash value of the policy, reduce premiums, or purchase additional insurance coverage.
- Tax advantages: The cash value of the whole life insurance policy grows tax-free, and policy loans are not considered taxable income. The policyholder can borrow against the policy without paying taxes on the amount borrowed. The death benefit of the policy is also tax-free to the beneficiaries.
- Control: Infinite Banking gives the policyholder control over their finances. By using policy loans, the policyholder can access the cash value of their policy to fund various expenses or investments. This strategy eliminates the need for traditional lenders and puts the policyholder in control of their finances.
- Flexibility: Policy loans can be used for any purpose, including personal expenses, investments, or business ventures. The policyholder can choose how much to borrow and when to repay the loan, providing maximum flexibility.
- Legacy planning: Whole life insurance policies provide a death benefit that is paid to the beneficiaries tax-free. Infinite Banking can be used as a legacy planning tool, enabling the policyholder to leave a tax-free inheritance to their loved ones.
Infinite Banking is a strategy that provides financial flexibility, tax advantages, and control over one's finances. It is a concept that requires discipline, planning, and a long-term perspective. The benefits of Infinite Banking can be significant for those who are willing to commit to the strategy and utilize the cash value of their whole life insurance policy to fund personal expenses or investments.
Nelson Nash Website
Certified & Authorized Infinite Bank Practitioner